Love Spell

My trials and tribulations with taken men. The names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent.

Monday, August 30, 2004

The story behind the name

You may wonder why I chose to call this “Love Spell.” And you may not, but you get to hear the story anyways. :)

The name came about from a perfume that I wear. There is truth to that name Love Spell. When you wear it, men seem to lose all inhibitions around you, and it really seems that you have caste a spell upon them. I originally bought it because I liked the smell, but I continue buying it because men love it.

The first time I wore it was on my first trip to Chicago, and I had men falling over each other trying to talk to me. It was like a scene from junior high and college, rolled into one. Men were “fighting” to sit next to me, go to lunch with me, buy me drinks—you name it, they wanted to be the one to do it with me. I even had one guy dragging complete strangers over to me so they could smell me!

I would like to say that I am so attractive and have such a great personality that they were drawn to me solely because of who I am, but I am more realistic than that. I kept getting compliments on how [insert adjective here, i.e. great, wonderful, delicious, sexy] I smelled. So, I like to think that the perfume got me noticed and the winning personality kept them coming back. ;)

I decided to test my theory that the perfume had something to do with the attraction and it is a definite--when I wear the perfume, men notice me more often. Unfortunately though, it attracts the taken men at a higher rate than the single men. So, I wear it a little more sparingly these days, and not at all on business trips any longer—too many lonely, married men looking for a warm body to share their bed. I usually only wear it now when I am out with friends, actively looking to meet someone.

When my friends and I started seriously discussing the idea of me writing a book, someone suggested naming it after the perfume. And since many of the most recent stories happened while I was wearing it, I saw it as a fitting tribute.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/02/2004 3:57 PM, Blogger Mama Luvins said…

    Ok. #1: Chris and I both hate Love Spell. It is too strong.

    #2: These aren't "lonely, married men." These are dogs, pure and simple. Loneliness doesn't make a man stray. Lack of morals do.

     
  • At 9/02/2004 7:11 PM, Blogger Maisyday said…

    On point #1--It doesn't matter what you and Chris think of my perfume; I am not trying to hit on either of you. :)

    On point #2--I agree 100%!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home